Part 1: A Journey Through the ages
Understanding the Modern Dog: Part One
"Ann's courses are fabulous, she is thorough and at the same time easy to understand, she makes learning fun!
A brilliant source of canine information, I would definitely recommend Ann to anyone wanting to either gain info to help their knowledge for work or just to learn more and understand your own pooch!" - Sara Stewart
Course Info: This is the course for you if enjoyed How Your Dog Works! and you wish to expand your knowledge and understanding of the dog that you own. Essential for professionals working in the canine industry or if you are looking to work with dogs. We look at the various stages and natural behaviours of a dog's life and the conflict this can cause with owners. Recognising the stress and reasons for conflict enable us to reduce it by using different learning styles and understanding the dog's language. The course is run one day a month for four months and is delivered through lectures, group practicals and discussion forums.
Enjoy all 4 days of learning as a course, or pick what you'd like to learn from the exciting subjects below:
Day 2: Canine Communication - 10/11/2018
• Calming Signals - the language of peace
• Misinterpreting communication
• Reading body posture
• Sounds, scent, sight
• Observation visit to local rescue centre
Day 1: All About Puppies - 20/10/2018
• Canine Development Stages
• Responsible/Irresponsible Breeding
• Which puppy?
• Optimum time to leave home
• Puppy Socialisation
• Natural puppy behaviour - conflict and training
Day 4: Canine Nutrition - 12/01/2019
• Essential nutrients for the dog
• Supplements and herbal remedies
• Understanding food labels
• Food related problem behaviour
• The mature dog and ageing process
Day 3: Canine Learning and Adolescence - 08/12/2018
• Canine learning styles
• Matching training styles to behaviour
• Adolescence - the teenage years
• Treating unwanted behaviours
• Positive solutions
Cost for 4 day Course: £225 include tea, coffee and cake! £200 if both courses booked together. Non-refundable deposit of £25 will reserve your place.
Cost for individual day: £60 to include tea, coffee and cake.
Location: Drax Hall, Bere Regis (near Dorchester), Dorset BH20 7LL - free parking!
Time: 9.15am to 4.30pm